To choose a hotel, there are so many locations that may cause a headache to everyone. Below are some reasons to consider:
- Depends on your budget, it limits the selections but there are always choices for you.
- This determines if you are going for couch surfing, AirBnB, backpacker, 3 - 6 stars hotels etc.
- Would you like the convenience to best use of your time when you travel?
- Would you like to have those convenient shops, cafe, restaurants, retails etc within walking distance from your hotel?
3. Environment Condition
- Are you looking for cultural places like a historical building?
- Perhaps Hanoks guesthouses maybe suitable for you.
4. Social Environment
- Are you looking to for a fun night out with locations full of entertainment options such as pubs, karaoke etc?
- Perhaps places like Hongdae maybe in your list.
5. Serenity and Quality
- If hotel room quality is what you are after and you may spend more time in hotel rather than the crazy travel itinerary, perhaps a 4 - 6 stars hotels but you may need to take taxi to go everywhere.
After further research, I chose Hotel Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong during the Korea trip.
- The Airport Shuttle Bus 6015 stops right in front of the hotel.
- Myeongdong is a great area with shopping street just around the corner.
- Lotte Department Store is just opposite the hotel.
- Line 2 Euljiro 1 (il)-ga Station is just a few minutes of walking distance away.
- I chose this station because it is close to places I wanted to visit in this trip: Myeongdong, Bukchon, Insadong, Ewha Woman University, Hongdae, Dongdaemun, Garosugil, Apgujeong etc.
- I wanted to stay close to the happening area, Myeongdong is a great place to even stay out at night.
It is quite obvious that convenience was what I went for when I made decision on this trip.
The ground floor was for luggage reception with two sides of the lifts, one is express lift to go straight to Reception on 19th floor and another for every floors.
The room itself was comfortable and considered specious to me, although there was some old carpet smell in the room. Since I wasn't planning to spend too much time in the room, I was okay with it. Just want to mention that, the house cleaning did a great job of tidying up the room which made my stay more comfortable despite the smell.
There isn’t any drinking water/ water bottles in the room but hot/cold water dispenser & ice machine are available in front of the room #4 on each floor. It was quite inconvenient to walk out a few times especially in pyjamas/ after a long tiring day but it was great when I needed icy cold water after a hot summer day.
The bathroom was great with a pre-heated toilet seat, relatively spacious shower area (compared to Japan) and appropriate space for the basin. That was all i needed, anyway.
I was so glad that the water pump was strong enough that it gave me a good shower. That was what I need after a whole day of walking, so thumb's up!
I will try other hotels in other locations during next trips but for now, hope you guys like this article. Ask me any questions, I will try to share my experience with you.
A country rich in history, culture. If you have never tried the delicious Korean food, it's colourful culture, or perhaps check out the plastic surgery industry - this definitely is a popular destination for Asia.